My Bookshelf Runneth Over ~ Praxis Habitus - On Race Religion & Culture

Monday, April 6, 2009

My Bookshelf Runneth Over

Quick post: The kids are on Spring Break this week, which means my personal plans are delayed by at least that long. Oh well.

The picture here is a portion of one bookshelf -- most of my "currently reading" and "to read" books at the house are mixed in here, with the other large pile at my office. I am desperately trying to keep up with my review commitments (I've done the article manuscripts, and 2 books are currently due) as well as my own general flow of knowledge-intake to keep up with my own interests and the swirl of developments in the world.

For fiction, I am currently enjoying Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh and on religious history I am thrilled with Witnessing Suburbia: Conservatives and Christian Youth Culture by Eileen Luhr. If I get through these by Wednesday, I'll be happy.

Besides more reading, I have a few other projects this week and traveling a bit. I'll post a few thoughts as they come together.

Until then, the kids need some lunch...

No comments: