Assistant Professor Gerardo Marti Named King Professor of Sociology ~ Praxis Habitus - On Race Religion & Culture

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Assistant Professor Gerardo Marti Named King Professor of Sociology

During a busy time with my family, I am pleased to receive the announcement that I have been honored with an endowed professorship at Davidson College.

Davidson, North CarolinaChambers - a prominent building on the Davidson College campus. Image via Wikipedia


As the L. Richardson King Assistant Professor of Sociology, I will return to campus in the fall continuing my research scholarship in addition to continuing to develop new courses at the college.

The donors honored Dr. "Richie" King with this professorship out of appreciation for his thirty-eight year career in mathematics at the college characterized by his devotion to students and his development of sophisticated models for real-world issues in ecology. I had the privilege of meeting Professor King -- energetic, engaging, interested -- early this past week.

You can read more about the endowed professorships awarded this academic year on the Davidson College website.

No comments: