The list of speakers for this conference is another current "who's who" of influential evangelicals from around the country speaking to the current interests and concerns of entrepreneurial-minded church leaders. You can browse and click links to churches, organizations, book titles, and personal websites to enter this interconnected world or relationships. My friend Erwin McManus from Mosaic in Los Angeles opens the conference at the first plenary session.
The conference also hosts podcasts, and there are several available online, including:
- Alan Hirsch interview with Dave Ferguson
- Interview with Francis Chan
- Interview with Erwin McManis
- Interview with Tim Keller
- Interview with Perry Noble
Sessions from last year's 2008 conference are available also. The sessions from the "Multi-Ethnic Track" were particularly interesting to me; you may find others.
Besides seeing and meeting people 24/7, conferences like this give you an intense exposure to the perspectives and concerns among the newer generation (post-Moral Majority) evangelical leaders in America. Another key bonus is the long list of special sessions available before and during the conference. These are practical sessions that problem-solve issues in chatty, interpersonal contexts.
Take a look at this list from the conference catalog. The "preconference intensives" include:
Image via Wikipedia
- Affiliation for the Unaffiliated with Paul Williams
- Best Practices in Church Planting Forum with Ed Stetzer
- Churches that Change Communities & Society with Troy Jackson, Mary Nelson & Kirsten Strand
- Churches Planting Churches with Kevin Marsico and Sam Douglass
- Iglesias Plantando Iglesias with Oscar Chavez and Joe Rosa
- Coaching and Training Coaches with Bob Harrington
- Compassion by Design with Dave Mills
- Creative Communication in New Churches with Mark Batterson
- Equipping the Church Planter with a Proven Fund Raising Plan with Bill Dillon
- Family Ministry: Reaching Tots to Tweens with Tammy Melchien & Sommer Wisher
- Forming An Effective Launch Team with John Wasem
- How To Create a Disciple Making Movement with Jim Putman
- Leadership Development and Church Planting with Dave Kiamua, Nubako Selenga, Alia Tassi, George Klippenes and Larry Osborne
Image by TechShowNetwork via Flickr
- Missional Practices with Hugh Halter & Matt Smay
- Multi-Site Church Planting / 7 Moves to Multi-Site with Dave Ferguson
- Multi-Ethnic Church Planting with Mosaix Global Network
- Raising Capital: Church Plants and Projects with Brad Leeper
- Reproducing Church Experiences with Jon Ferguson, Dave Dummitt, Eric Metcalf and Brian Zehr
- Seeing Your Vision of a Church Planting Movement Come True with Paul Becker & Mark Williams
- The Idiot's Guide to Church Planting with Vince Antonucci, John Burke, Patrick Dennis and Patrick Furgerson
Pre Launch - preparing for starting a church
Post Launch - what to do once it's rolling
Reproducing Church Movements - launching other mission-driven churches
Multi-Ethnic - how to address racial and ethnic diversity
Nuts and Bolts - over 30 sessions on hodge-podge leadership concerns
Church Planting Spouses - and how to keep your marriage in the midst of it all...
Overall, here's an interesting gathering that speaks to the current issues and concerns of some of the more interesting and vibrant developments in American Christianity.